Zion Christian Church was founded in 1955, with a total of six people (including the Pastor) occupying a 20-foot by 40-foot former one-room schoolhouse. Located on Hendrickson in Clawson, the church was established as an ecclesiastical corporation under the laws of the state of Michigan in 1956. The congregation was about forty people in regular attendance by 1960, when the original wooden building was doubled in size.
God continued to bless His work and again gave direction to build. With a group of only about 75 people, the project was begun, and our first brick building was dedicated to the Lord in 1967.
In 1982, construction began on the first phase of the Troy ministry center, and in 1983, the 28,000 square foot building at the south of the property, which houses a beautiful gymnasium, was dedicated and occupied. In 1987, construction of the domed edifice was begun. By March of 1997, construction was completed that now is home to the family of believers of Zion Christian Church. For the past 10 years Pastors Scott and Connie LeLaCheur have been the Senior Pastors.